I have a soft spot for senior dogs. My dogs aged well and lived to be 16.5, 12.5, and 14 years old. Taking care of senior dogs is not easy and not only do you have to take care of their body you also have to keep an eye on their mind.
Joy Schneider shares 7 things you can do to keep your senior dog’s mind sharp.
Here is a quick rundown of the tips
- consider veterinary exams twice a year
- feed your senior dog a healthy diet
- get out and exercise with your dog
- take your senior dog to new places
- teach your old dog new tricks
- use puzzle toys or interactive feeders to keep things interesting at meal time
- make new friends